Saturday, March 14, 2009

One down, four to go



While I flailed away on the others, Moreh's painting went in all the right directions. It is DONE. It is SIGNED. (I took the pic before the signing, as I had yet to paint the border then.) I rarely sign paintings due to the "I need to do more!" complex, but this one fills me with contentment. Is it perfect? Hell no. It is, however, in harmony. Moreh emerging from the shadows looking condescendingly amused fits her character nicely. She's glorious that way.

You know, if you look at the three painting updates, they feature what might be my three favorite characters from Maquette. All of them happen to be the ulterior motive, manipulator types. Moreh is the agent who hasn't met a government figure she can't corrupt. Annelise is the compelling bitch who manages to cross just about everyone's paths during the epic. Sebastian is not as epic as the other two. He's just a gossip with a pathological desire to know about everything around him - but such dysfunction eventually wedges him deep into the story. I just love characters that are so textured. Their flaws may be on display, but there's something about them that makes them at the worst feel like them at their best. These three all cause trouble, but you love that they did it!

I'm going to focus on getting the other two done next, so wish me luck.

No comments: