Sunday, March 29, 2009

Building bridges; decorating fireplaces



Painting update! I'm in the home stretch and looking to finish these babies up tonight!

For Bridge, the task is now tightening things up and adding layers over patchy spots. Like the background color? It's my second attempt. In all honestly, a solid white background looked excellent with what I had, but something was calling to me. It was my tube of flesh tint. (I swear that's not a euphemism.) I broke my cap, meaning I MUST USE MY FLESH AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! (Ok, that one may have a double meaning. BUT MAYBE NOT!) Even though it was inappropriate, I tried fleshing out my background literally. Turns out it looked inappropriate. Who saw that coming? So I covered up my vast stretches of flesh with parchment, and the world is now a safer place.



Moving from giant paintings, we have these lovely bite-sized attempts. (You can bite 9"x12", right?) The new one on the lower left isn't finished yet, but you get the idea. I don't know why they look so good hanging on the fireplace, but they do. Also, tiny paintings are so much easier to hang! These little paintings make awesome selfish gifts. "Here's my ART! Hang it on the wall or you have no class!" Hey, tiny paintings are easy to stash on unseen walls, so there's no harm. Then I can say I'm in several "private collections."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really like the top one and the upper right.