Thursday, March 26, 2009

The lilliputian mural

Tell me, is there a more condescending way to say I'm painting on a small canvas than that title? All those art school classes have paid off! This new size is the size of my scanner bed!




Novelty aside, it's gonna take a while before I figure out how best to use these damn things. Oh well, this guy is sacrificed for the cause. It *does* look better in person than that, although the stupid colors are the same. I used my aunt's paints for this experimentation, and the colors were awkward and weird. This was seriously psychedelic until I muted it with the ochre. Even with it, I want to hold the bugger up to a black light.

Here's tiny painting, step 2:



And here's a far-better photo of the painting hanging on the fireplace. It works!

No comments: