Monday, September 1, 2008

HOLY SHIT, MAN WALKS ON FUCKNG MOON!

Brace yourselves...after a funk spanning many months, I ACTUALLY FINISHED ANOTHER FUCKING STRIP!



You may recall from a previous post that I dubbed this "the strip that broke my brain." It's DONE! Monkey = off back. Have the floodgates finally been opened?

Well, no. Tonight I got lucky with things remaining unbroken just long enough for me to get something done. I doubt I'll be able to repeat this, which any further progress at least a week away - just long enough for my brain to break again. Fuuuuck.

After getting emotional while reading the biography of Charles Schulz, I realized I was cracking up and needed to do something. Of course, after reading about the amazing impact the strip had on the world, I wanted to cartoon. But I can't cartoon, since my lighting situation is a mess. The light I moved about the drafting table is dying and has been providing inadequate light for drafting. With nothing else to do, I gave the light a shot. IT WORKED! It's been about two weeks since the thing fully lit up. The light ain't great, but it's enough! I was not going to waste this chance, so I pushed forward with the strip. Stuff started coming together and I kept at it until the thing was done.

It's still not the best strip, but it would have to be expanded to Sunday-style for the timing to work. Since I am operating on tradition syndicated comic rules, I can't go down the path. I have to compromise and, guess what, I DON'T CARE! It's done and I don't have to worry about it anymore.

I could comment more on the comic itself, but it's 2am and I'm spent.

No comments: