Saturday, October 31, 2009

Putting the pieces together

Happy Halloween!

My day tomorrow will be racing to color the background before Halloween expires! For now, enjoy a few mock-ups of how it might look.

Still not happy with how the houses came out, but there was no way I was going to devote the time and tech pen to do a super-detailed and perspectively-perfect neighborhood. It *will* look a lot better with color added, so please imagine it. Also, the blue aura will have some transparency in the final.

Now the mock-ups. The oval one will fit best in a wallpaper, keeping it smallish so the image doesn't conflict with desktop icons. The wider shot looks nice, but it may not fit well with wide-screen monitors. There's also the question of how the neighborhood drawing looks at that larger size. We'll see if color fixes everything, eh?


2 comments:

Al S. Romero said...

The wallpaper is coming pretty good. To make good time, I would choose the oval one, ad a cloud as a banner, add some thunder, and make it dark.

Christopher J Paulsen said...

Yeah, I did none of that. Had to rush to get it out and make it at least someway timely for Halloween. I still have the original files though, so I can play with 'em later if I want.