Monday, March 12, 2012

Rawr! It's a dragon!

I'm not posting *every* sample image I've done today (god... no one wants to see my attempt at an anthro ferret) but this one was so stupid, I had to show the world!

I realized I should have a 30-minute colored pencil drawing in my portfolio, so I set out to make one that also added some variety to the freaky creatures I've already created. Enter: The DRAGON! Now, let me go on record as being totally racist against dragons. I think dragons are lame. I'm sorry if we can't be friends because of that, but it's true. Dragons suck.

Buuuut, certain potential clients LOVE dragons! So I will stop judging and I will start drawing dragons! (Dear dragon-loving future clients, please don't read this post until after I already have your money.)

Anyway, this is my attempt at a dragon. The scan, as expected, is awful - that gray in the background? It's ORANGE in real life - but it's enough to show what 30-minutes of effort will get ya.

2 comments:

Iron Ed said...

That is actually a pretty nice dragon for 30 minutes. Remember him for when I get to the point of asking for a commission; he might come in handy. ;-)

Tex said...

I loved this one! Cute though imposing, like the dragons in How to Train Your Dragon, which as awesome movie and if you haven't seen it you should. It's got vikings with cool accents.
If you have seen it and still dislike dragons, there is nothing I can do for you.