Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Oven Family Portrait



Here's one of the much-delayed commissions. Thanks to a very timely Skype call, I was conscious for enough hours this evening to get my colored pencil on. Considering how incredibly dizzy I got just by standing up and walking across the apartment to scan this piece, I don't know if I'll get the second commission done tonight. I will try, though!

The scan isn't nearly as nice as the actual piece. A lot of the lighter colors got filtered out by the scanner. (Works great when you're scanning line art. Not so much when you're scanning a soft-colored piece.) I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I wanted to do a fade effect with this (and all the family photos maybe) and I think it came out OK.

3 comments:

Iron Ed said...

This came out really nice! And Casey is quite the hot little fo... kitten! :-)

awalker1829 said...

Wow. All four Oven family members looking HAPPY to be together. Casey is indeed one hot chick.

Darc Sowers said...

They turned out lovely! The fade effect is a nice touch. :D