Thursday, March 8, 2012

Large and in charge

(My 5th post in 24 hours! Don't miss all the new content below!)



Despite being sicky, I am pressing on.

Next week I go to Furry Weekend Atlanta, my first convention. I know I've got a ton of rookie mistakes coming my way, but I want to do my best for a first showing. I want to have enough stuff on my table to tempt those walking by to come up to me and spend some cash. GIANT CARTOON CRITTERS SHOULD DO THAT!

I don't have a banner yet - I will for Anthrocon - so I have to improvise. My plan was to make 11x17 prints of my main kids and mount them on foam core. I can then scatter them on my table in order to catch some eyes. Good idea, right?

So far so good. It took longer than I'd care to admit to figure out how to load my printer and format the file in Photoshop so it printed correctly - but that was a success in the end. Next up... how the heck to I mount them on the foam core? I bought some spray adhesive, since that seemed like a good idea at the time. Then I mentioned the plan to my FWA tablemate. "Um, where are you going to spray that stuff?" Oh. Right. I don't live in Virginia anymore. I don't have access to a porch or a well-ventilated open indoor space. Hmmm.

SO WE'LL FIGURE THAT OUT LATER. For now, I stuck them to the foam core with scotch tape just to get them out of the way. Ideally, I'd mount the prints and then cut out the figures, but that sounds hard. I might just throw the prints on 11x17 chunks and leave it at that. Time will tell.

No comments: