Monday, March 12, 2012

It's hard to draw dudes

Since my portfolio at the moment is nearly all ladies, I had to draw a dude to prove that I can! (Wait. I can draw dudes? Since when?)

Since I only got one dude request, I went with our friend the bobcat/tabby. Eh, I tried. I should probably try another dude body shot at some point, but we'll see.

Next up is some watercolor action, which will be executed between laundry cycles. After that, I'm focusing on Precocious for the rest of the day. Oh, and I'll also post a new Comic of the Week tonight. I'm delaying it a bit so the Copper Road post gets its time at the top of the front page.

1 comment:

Iron Ed said...

This actually came out quite nice. I like his expression and that you put the ear-tufts in. And whiskers! :-)

The only questionable thing I see is that the neck-chin separation looks funny. I suspect it's because the shadowing slipped up onto his chin so it's not automatically seen correctly.

Still a nice pic!

(In case you ever do him full-body, Rufus has a full-length tail. ;-) Also; he doesn't wear clothes. As far as humans know he's just a -big- (~30lbs!) tabby. :-) :-) :-)