Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Adventures in markers

So I needed to create some promotional art for my trip to FWA. I plan on having in my art book some watercolors, some colored pencil stuff, a few Precocious strips... and some examples of marker sketches.

Wait, I've never done a marker piece. These Copic gray scale markers haven't been touched yet. I SHOULD PROBABLY TOUCH THEM.

So, since furries like the cute, I went to Google and did an image search for "cute fox."

And.

Then.

It.

Turned.

Into.

This...



(Hey, it's another thing furries like!)

It frightens me that this is what happens when I start sketching without a plan... but it's kinda nice for not having a plan! Marker vets might cry at my horrid work, but I don't care. It's my first time using the darn things for a project and I liked messing around with them. (I also found out I bought the WRONG KIND of Copics tonight. Whoooooops. Oh well, these are fun too.)

I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING!

2 comments:

Darc Sowers said...

There's no such thing as the wrong kind of Copics. They're all funny smelling art crack. ;D

These both look very nice! They'd make good samples for sketchbook commissions if you're interested in doing those at a con - furries seem to love getting sketchbook commissions.

You'll be fine at the con. No worries. Just remember to have fun. :D

Iron Ed said...

Heh; give him another 10-15 years and Li'l Ed Ferric will be trying for her phone number! ;-)