Monday, July 22, 2013

Let's try streaming again!


It's been a long time, and I'm not actually better, but I need to test out my streaming chops in order to plan my Book 2 Kickstarter fulfillment actions. Plus, I miss streaming! I'm gonna try it again on Tuesday, 7pm Eastern time!

If all goes well, I will be drawing two or three art cards over the stream. I'll do one Precocious card, then probably work on Animal Crossing or Pokemon cards I started for the recent conventions, but didn't finish. The stream goes until I wear down. I hope for around 3 hours. You can always pop in and check to see if I'm there at later times.

How it works  Click on the image, or the Ustream link on the home page, or the link right here, and you can watch me draw and listen to me jabber on about whatever.  There will be a chat for the stream, so I can respond to questions/comments/whatever.  You don't need a Ustream account to watch or chat, but if you sign up you can chat with a username. (Unless they've fixed it since I last streamed, once you sign in, you have to refresh the page to get your name to appear properly.) There is a lag with the stream, so expect me to respond to your prompts with a delay. It's also easy for me to miss stuff if the chat is moving fast, because I'm, of course, looking down as I draw.

Technical difficulties can always happen. My wifi can go down, audio/video can drop or lag can get bad at times. If things go weird, be patient and allow me time to reconnect. Ustream is a free service, which means it's supported by ads. You will have to watch some periodically. No way around that. If streaming becomes regular again, I might find a pay site to handle my stuff, but for now be happy for what we have.

Once again, this is a test stream. I can't offer you any future plans yet. Still, I hope it's fun, and I hope good news keeps on coming!

No comments: