Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Mastering the eye roll

It's weird - The eye roll is supposed to be Kaitlyn's signature move, yet it's so rare that I actually pull it off. Maybe it's a consequence of drawing such simple faces - maybe it's the lack of eyebrows to frame stuff, or the eye shape in general. Oh well, that's her thing I have to do better.

If I hit on something, I'll be drawing a Kaitlyn card tomorrow. The premise is Quincy is being Quincy off panel, and Kaitlyn's being Kaitlyn on the card.  1, 2 and 4 were inspired by Kaitlyn poses in Copper Road comics. 3 is me working on my crossed arms. It's something else I really struggle with, due to the shorter arms of cartoony characters, but so expressive I must keep trying! I think I did ok in this sketch.

There is another older page of Kaitlyn eye roll sketches out there, but I don't think they're as good. I'll flash 'em on tomorrow's stream when the card time comes, though.

1 comment:

roguebfl said...

The Problem with the eye roll is it is a motion depended expression.

with out the motion the current direction of the eyes mean different things, though that meaning is only reliable with Right handers

http://www.blifaloo.com/info/lies_eyes.php
http://bodylanguagesignals.com/eyes2.html