Monday, October 10, 2011

Let's get to work!

I gotta admit, I'm a bit surprised at how big a dud this commissionathon has been so far. I knew it would be a tough sell for my friends, even though they are INCREDIBLE artists - but I kinda figured I'd get more than ONE request on the first day. Oh well! That means it's time to spoil my one patron rotten! I'm sure tomorrow will be better.



This request was to create a composition of a Precocious girl as an evil girl scout. I've narrowed the candidates down to Suzette and Tiffany, and you can see my Suzette sketches here. (I'll work on Tiffany and make a separate post for those sketches in an hour or two.) The first sketch I did was of Suzette earning her "knot tying" badge, via noose. Maybe that's too dark? The next idea was a protest, with her burning the (vastly overrated) girl scout cookies. I couldn't figure out how to make it a horizontal composition, due to my inability to properly draw girls in skirts sitting down, so I moved on. The last two ideas kept the cookies, but turned Suzette into a threatening seller.

So that's sketches for evil scout #1. Stay tuned for evil scout #2!

No comments: