Monday, November 30, 2009

The series continues

Wow, what a blah day this turned out to be. There is only one solution for the blahs: PAINTING! So here we have the sketch of the next painting in what I am currently calling my "little anxieties" series, as all are based upon whatever was nagging at me during production. So far I've covered wanderlust, dental pain and not getting enough attention. This one? So far it's frustration with productivity. I'm moving and a fine pace, but I always want to do more! This painting purge is meant to help me enjoy the process and stop worrying so much about the future. I should have fun playing with this!

Edit: Here are the finished paintings on display. It makes me happy to show 'em off!

3 comments:

Danny said...

Those are some fine paintings. I think I can see a link between the three (by the circle with swirls around it that make them look a little like eyes, which are in a different place in each painting with different colours (but still similar enough to call them a link)) or am I trying to hard? They look a little more like euphoria(s) than anxieties.

Al S. Romero said...

Very colorful, yet makes me feel so trippy.

Christopher J Paulsen said...

I hope the look like euphoria in the end, as it's much easier to sell that! (I may try peddling these to local establishments if no gallery is available.) The act is meant to a purging, so bad start to good finish.