Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The season is changing


No, I'm not talking about how it now gets dark at 5pm (although that sucks too), I'm talking about the beginning of the blight that is college basketball.

As a dude, I do enjoy sports - but basketball ain't one of them. It just gets in the way! I like to work on my arts and comics with sports in the background, and I've come to rely on the GOOD SPORTS (and baseball) for that. Basketball means there's a chance BAD WILL BE ON MY TV! I had a good run, with football or hockey as reliable standbys for background while I worked, but now it's ruined! College football > college basketball, dammit! And college football is stupid too, because college athletes are largely wastes of humanity! (But I'm a football fanatic, so I'll take it.)

3 comments:

Al S. Romero said...

Vamos al mundial! Vamos al Mundial!

Anonymous said...

I am not a sports person, period. I don't play sports, I don't watch sports-haven't since high school. Only reason I gave sports any attention then was that I was in marching band.

Tucson is not a sports town. We're going to lose Spring Training after this spring and have lost the minor league club (Tucson Toros) to Reno, Nevada. All that because of the incompetence of the local political leaders.

That means all we'll have is the Arizona Wildcats (University of Arizona) teams. Football usually sucks but is sometimes mediocre or better. Basketball is usually good. Then there are the Arizona Icecats-the hockey team. Usually very good.

Al S. Romero said...

Yeah, I am not into sports either, even if I live in the state where the Lakers and Raiders are from.

I am a bit interested in football, but never took a high interest. I have been to a college football game before but never cared. I have been to the Rose Bowl before but forgot when exactly, probably when I was 9 or 10.

Soccer is okay, I sometimes watch and see who is playing.

Basically when it comes to sport, I am very lazy to it.