Tuesday, December 1, 2009

All I wanna do is paint!


Not much progress to show on the painting today, but that's because of all those other obligations that make up ones life. There's so much I need to do! Most important right now is making sure Precocious has a strip ready for Thursday. Gah, I don't want to make comics today. I wanna paint! Result: Not doing either due to whininess. Brilliant!

Oh well, can't fight it any longer. Tonight is the tedious act of lettering on a week of strip and the start of some drawing. Tomorrow I will ink and finalize what I need, as I have no choice! I'm back to no buffer! How could I? Nooooooooo!

2 comments:

Danny said...

This looks good I like it as it is (though a little bit of extra work has to go into it, but it isn't finished so), the colours (at least in the photo) look really nice and soft. Say what paint type did you use for this and the other ones in the last post (they seem like different paints, and by last post I mean the finished ones, then again it may just be the photo)

Christopher J Paulsen said...

I use acrylics for everything, as I never learned how to work with oils! The difference in feel probably is mostly photo, as the camera/photoshop doesn't like the white of the unpainted canvas. That, or it's the quality of the color. I use raw color for underpainting and then mix it with white (to make it opaque) for the final steps. I also throw a lot of black and white lining on in the end to up the contrast.