Sunday, January 24, 2010

Page of Bud!

Today is going to be a comic making day. I speak in future tense, even though it's almost midnight, because I SLEPT IN SO DAMN LATE! My day begins at midnight now, which makes it very easy for me to lose track of when I have the blog!

In honor of comicking, enjoy the latest page from my sketchbook, which is decidedly Bud-centric. (The last page was 90% Autumn. I spread the love!) With my recent battles with consciousness, my sketching time has gone way down. It's so easy to get caught up with all my other projects that I fail to PRACTICE. Practice makes perfect, and I LOVE BEING PERFECT, so practice I must!

I believe in the 10,000 hour rule, which states one has to practice for that long to be truly professional, and that means ever hours I can spare to focus on sketching gets me that much closer to awesome. Sketching also allows me to try out new stylistic approaches without the pressure of the main comic deadline. I haven't done much in that realm, as I feel I'm still standardizing the looks of everyone, but it's always positive to strive for improvement. Hard work pays off. Sleeping in to excess does not. Sleeping is the opposite of progress!

No comments: