Sunday, October 5, 2014

New deleted scene! 10/5/14!


I've been trying to do the #Inktober challenge over on Tumblr/Twitter, in which I ink an extra piece of art for every day in October. My challenge is do lots of little comic fanart pieces, usually based on what I was reading five minutes before I started drawing. Well, I already blew it. I had a planned piece, but the black hole that is DC sports managed to suck my evening drawing time away to the point where I didn't get home until after midnight. I must atone for my sin, so I decided to draw a bonus comic! Vote here to see it!

My scripting files have lots of little extra tidbits in the notes that don't make it into final comics - stuff that isn't essential to the story, or weird little jokes I make to amuse myself. For example, in today's comic, rather than waste time by explaining why the director chose who to ditch at the lodge I just make Jacob put a "that's the term he used" emphasis on the word 'worst.' Readers figured it out on their own anyway. (Mat saw one counselor who was actively yelling about rioting, and one ringleader camper with two presumed main henchmen.) I hope extras like this extended phone talk comic will enhance your reading experience, but the story is fine without it.

No comments: