Saturday, April 3, 2010

Where have I been?

If you couldn't figure it out from the last post, I have arrived in DC and taken part in the massive birthday fest that is the fun side of my family. My birthday was the 24th. My grandmother's is the 5th. My aunt's is the 20th. About this time every year we all get together to massively celebrate. It's EXHAUSTING! But also much fun!

As is the case with most of my DC visits, blogging is going sporadic. All this family time means all my free time has to go directly to Precocious and making sure next week has strips ready to go.

Today was bonus Precocious work too, as my colorist was busy. Do you know how long it's been since I colored a Sunday? What a chore! I was so spoiled. A consequence of me coloring: Instead of every panel getting a background, only one does! Sorry, folks, but I'm just not fast enough to crank it out in time. If I go through with my threat and purchase a Waccom tablet, that may change. Those things are magic, I hear. While I don't ever see ditching traditional inking - I love having originals to hold AND SELL - many of my side projects would be made easier with a tablet. Once I learn how to use said tablet. Once I finally get around to buying said tablet. ONE DAY SOON! I SWEAR!

Tonight, all effort is going into inking.... whenever I get up the nerve to do it. I so want to nap instead. Bah! I will only allow myself to forgo inking if I can do something even more productive, like making a Copper Road or something. That's another thing that may go on hold for a week while I'm down here, but I'll make one if inspiration strikes. Anyway, I refuse to sleep until I've kicked the day's ass. That is all.

1 comment:

Iron Ed said...

Why does this pic make me think of Hamlet??? :-)