Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sir, I exist!



"A man said to the universe: "Sir, I exist!" "However," replied the universe, "The fact has not created in me a sense of obligation." - Stephen Crane

You know, if I ever left my room or got remotely sociable, I'd be getting somewhere. Instead, I just have to focus on making the best product I can - so when people do accidentally stumble upon the site, there's plenty of stimulation. Oh, hopeful idealism - maybe if I'm worthy *someone* will care. I'm a poor, damaged soul here! Reaching out to the vast, uncaring would is hard enough for normal people - and I have a broken brain actively sabotaging me! Publicizin' is hard werk. Like Prezidentin'!

I suck at reaching out to people, and I apologize for that. Slowly, slowly I will learn how to function. Hey, when I do learn how to act like an unbroken person, I will have lots to work with. Today I went through my archives and created all new banners for the Precocious website. As I don't have any way of tracking usage (I suck at the internet) I will assume no one is actually using the banners. Why the heck would they? Who cares about the awkward new kid in school? Even the most sugary new-kid-at-school fiction involves a handful of kind people emerging from a large ocean of indifference. In real life, especially on the internet, the ratio of nice-to-indifferent is way worse.

Still, the time will come! Banners will be exchanged! Ads will be placed! Readership will slowly grow? Maybe.

No comments: