Monday, December 8, 2008

This post will pillage your house and rape your women


When I decided to work on painting, I asked my grandfather what I should paint. He suggested painting a viking ship. Not only has this always been his default answer, but a magazine was on the table and open to an article about viking ships. Surprise!

I did my part and made him some sketches from the pictures in the article, but they're more inclined to wind up on the fridge than on canvas. See, it's kinda hard to take a two-inch sketch and blow it up to three feet by three feet and retain the technical aspects.

So, MORE FLOWERS! The first flower painting is "done" in that I won't work on it anymore, so a second has begun. I will be working on it later tonight and will try to get photos via webcam of both to share tomorrow.

No comments: