Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Let's do this!

Let's do this. Let's do this. Let's do this. Let's do this. Let's do this.

Scripting: Done.
Sketching: Done.
Lettering: Done.
Inking: Done.
Scanning/Photoshopping/Formatting/Website updating: Aww, dammit, there's MORE!?

This is an image from strip #36, the latest to be scanned. I have 27 to go (including a promo strip, so the final strip of the storyline isn't the first strip everyone sees) and it's nothing but a grind now.

My scanner is too small to get the whole strip at once, so I have to do it in two shifts. Thanks to the small lip on the scanning bed, the image is *slighly* off. This means I scan a strip twice, drag them into a template file, use layers and opacity to line them up, delete the extra, merge layers, use the contrast tool and use a select color range tool to eliminate the gray leftover that comes from Photoshop not filtering blue properly. THEN it's touch-up time! Some strips require lots of minor erasing, which adds up. MANY strips (due to me being a lazy inker and not having my color range calibrated properly) need some extra black painted in. Finally, I rotate the strip to make it straight, shrink it too size and drop it into the final template for saving. Sometimes I skip the erasing, blackening and rotating... oh well.

Ahh, but if I'm good I can make a decent dent into scanning the strips tonight, so tomorrow can be primarily spent doing tedious web design!

BUT IT WILL ALL BE WORTH IT WHEN IT'S DONE! W00T!

No comments: