Saturday, December 13, 2014

New Bonus Comic! 12/13/14


Now that TWC has de-glitched and is displaying the bonus, I can make this post! And you can vote here to see me being silly!

So here's a brief recap of the origin of the Gingers: Cartoonists put little in-jokes into their work all the time, and in this case Carl from Ginger's Bread and I ended up with some sort of character trade thing, with him taking Autumn. They are not meant as direct ports from one universe to the other, as those universes aren't connected. We each have control over our borrowed character and do whatever we want with them. (Within reason, and it's always proper to run it by the other first.)

I sent Carl and email previewing the story when I made the joke that became this bonus comic. Proper Ginger has a last name that makes things awkward, as it's MINE TOO.  I sidestepped it, with extra-cleverness, for this Precocious story - but I wanted to make a quick nod to the name thing anyway. And thus a bonus comic was born!

Back to the character trade thing: Carl went and wrote a story for Autumn and put her into continuity. As for me?  Meh. I started by being reckless and threw Ginger's iconic hair in as filler on whims - and so the myth of multi-Ginger began.  Is it all coming together now?

No comments: