Friday, June 17, 2011

A candy-colored day

I woke up today with plans of drawing all day on a sugar high, since my first act after waking was to drive to post office and pick up my package of gummies! (Also: Comic treasuries!)

Of course, as you were probably just mumbling to yourself, there's no real link between sugar and hyperactivity. Instead, I loaded up on candy, blew up my pancreas, read some new comics (the last Fox Trot dailies collection) and took a nice nap.

After waking, it was too late for a true drawing marathon, so I went with the foreshadowed watercoloring instead! Progress so far is slow but sure. There was only one moment of pure panic, when a tiny bit of blue snuck into my brown and threatened to mar Tiffany's ear - but it blotted up well enough.

What's in store for tomorrow? I'm gonna have to do a comic marathon sooner or later, but my normal Saturday schedule may get in the way. I think I'll play the role of temperamental artist tomorrow and do whatever the heck I feel like doing. So long as I'm doing SOMETHING, all will be well.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go consume another pound of gummi peaches.

No comments: