Friday, September 3, 2010

The waiting game







First off, I'd like to thank the iPhone blog ap for deleting everything I had written because I got a call mid-typing. The other aps remember their stuff, dammit! (I told you blogging on the phone was a pain!)

Anyway, I'm blogging because I am waiting on the final pieces of my apartment to arrive and it is BORING. Yes, I could fill the time being creative, in theory, but I'm still a little sick and my energy level is low - especially after two nights of uneven floor sleeping.

So instead I whine! Idiot bro has still not arrived, but he's closing in. (So he says.) I can only hope a parking space is available when he gets here.

But that's not all I'm waiting on! If you were wondering what the picture is of, that would be the interior of my freezer. My broken freezer. Attached to my broken fridge. So I must wait for a replacement fridge to arrive! With any luck, the fridge and my bro will arrive at the same time and cause chaos on the road! I'm actually quite impressed at how quickly this situation has been handled.

And there's one more vital wait on: I still don't have my key to the outside door! I was told it was coming with the fridge. I was also told I would get it first thing this morning, so yeah. Since I have the key to the other side of the building, it's not too terrible, just a bit inconvinient.

Once I get all that stuff, I should finally be free to go explore the downtown! Maybe I will take my laptop in hopes of borrowing some wifi! That's all I really want right now.

Anyway, this post adds nothing to the universe, and may even detract from it. I'm just blathering about my day to kill an hour before the fun begins. I'm still thrilled with being down here and still smiling! (And I'll be smiling when I beat my bro senseless for making me wait a extra 24 hours to get my stuff.)

Edit: the new fridge arrived before this entry finished posting! Sweet! And I'm told the key is on the way. They treat you right down here!


No comments: