Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympic spirit!

As you may know, I'm the rare pretentious artist that is also a sports fanatic - and not a hipster "rugby/lacrosse/curling is the only sport worth watching" kind of fan either! I enjoy a great deal of sports, and tolerate many more! This means that I am glued to the TV come Olympics time! Yay, embodiment of sportsmanship! Well, in theory - but let's ignore cold reality for now and get into the spirit of things!

Another bonus of the Olympics? IT'S GREAT FOR ART! I work best with something in the background to distract the flighty side of my brain, and casual sport "watching" is perfect for that. Granted, I'm easily sucked into the sports, but that's not a bad thing. Besides, I can work through the HOURS UPON HOURS of craptacular NBC fluff coverage.

So now I swell with pride for USA! USA! USA! and get sucked into the bizarre nationalism. Also, go Denmark! Viking pride!

1 comment:

Al S. Romero said...

Mexico should do better considering the fact that there is only one team going. (I looked it up in Wikipedia)